Nuclear Physics

I never mind about the little things.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Taco Tuesday - Wiener Wednesday

Well, it's been a while so it must be time for another update.

1. We have now had over 90 inches of snow in Duluth, and I lost track of how many days it's been below zero.
2. I have all of my (job required) securities licenses now, so I guess I can keep doing my job? Shouldn't they pay me more money?
3. Scully continues to be the most cuddly cat on the planet.
4. We installed a new floor in the bathroom, prior to selling our house last week. It wasn't without a few glitches. The instructions on the adhesive said to wait about an hour for the adhesive to dry. We discovered that it actually takes about 6 hours for the adhesive to set up, and we ended up having to re-install some tiles. I am now a 2nd level floor installer after failing a few rolls.
5. My grandparents returned from their month-long trip to California and Hawaii, bringing pneumonia with them. Grandma was in the hospital for 4 days, but she's doing fine now. Grandpa didn't eat for 3 days and lost 10 pounds.
6. Massive garage sale planned for mid-April. Our new house will be smaller, so we need to get rid of some stuff. Moocow need a couch or two?
7. Rubu has been on prednisone for lymphoma for a few months. She has lost 3 pounds, and has trouble keeping food down. She isn't interested in eating, so I have to "force feed" her by squirting food into her mouth with a syringe. She continues to be a cuddly friend, and sits in my lap daily. She will be 12 years old in May and every day that she is with us is wonderful.
8. We rented "Super-Size Me" last weekend. It's a documentary? about a guy who eats McDonald's food every meal for 30 days. He is monitored by a doctor, cardiologist and dietician. He ends up gaining 24 pounds, his cholesterol shoots up over 50 points, and his doctor is so concerned that on day 21 he tells him to stop because what he is doing is "dangerous". Eating at McDonalds... dangerous. And, I just looked up to see that dumb-ass Burger King commercial with the stupid singing guy and cheerleaders and crap. How stupid do they think we are? Well, stupid enough to keep eating there.

Wifey is in California for 5 days, and the cats and I are enjoying a nice long, relaxing weekend.

Time to watch Gwen Stefani.

4 Comments:

  • At March 25, 2005 8:18 AM, Blogger Grend31 said…

    I don't know if I can bring myself to watch that movie. It sounds absolutely sickening. I have fast food very infrequently now. Watching that would probably force me to give it up completely. And I'm just not ready for that yet. ;)

     
  • At March 25, 2005 1:05 PM, Blogger dewdew said…

    Yes, I felt physically ill while watching it... and all he was doing was eating at McDonald's.

    News update: Did you hear about the woman in California who found part of a human finger in her Wendy's chili? It was verified by the San Jose medical examiner.

     
  • At March 25, 2005 2:25 PM, Blogger Grend31 said…

    Yeah, I saw that on Fark. (as he looks down in wonderment of what may be in the can of microwavable Campbell's chili he's having for lunch)... *twitch*

     
  • At April 06, 2005 12:51 PM, Blogger dewdew said…

    Hard to believe that someone went into a Wendy's restaurant, and was served part of a human being in their meal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home